Message from the Dean
Thank you for your interest in our international LL.M. programs. We invest considerable efforts and resources into strengthening these programs and are proud of the outcome so far.
The opening of our international LL.M. programs in 2011 was a natural extension of our long-standing record of excellence in legal education. The Hebrew University (HU) Faculty of Law has been offering the best LL.B, LL.M. and LL.D. programs in Israel for more than 60 years. We have earned an international reputation for teaching and research excellence, resulting from the many overseas accomplishments of Faculty members and the success of HU Law students in international competitions and exchange programs.The increased globalization of our research and teaching curriculum has further contributed to our ability to offer an attractive international LL.M. program. Accordingly, we are now applying our legal knowledge and academic experience on a more global scale, catering to the interests of first-rate students from around the world.
Our International Programs draw on many of the HU Faculty of Law’s unique advantages:
- A distinguished faculty comprised of our outstanding legal scholars, trained in the best law faculties in the world (including, HU Faculty of Law!) and prominent visiting professors coming from academia and the world of legal practice. We are particularly pleased to count among our annual visiting professors some twenty leading academics from around the globe, with vast experience in teaching and practicing law.
- A long tradition of academic excellence in fields such as human rights law, public international law, intellectual property and business law. Our Law school serves as a hub for academic activities – conferences, classes, seminars, moot court competitions, overseas missions take place at Hebrew University law school on a constant basis.
- Our Law School constantly cooperates with the Rothberg International School, who have been accommodating the needs and interests of international students for many years.
- A pleasant and intellectually stimulating learning environment, engaging some of the world’s best students (including dozens of exchange students) in a creative and robust academic atmosphere.
- All of this takes place at our beautiful Mount Scopus campus, located in one of the world’s most fascinating, historic, ancient and diverse cities.
I am confident in the quality of our international LL.M. programs and am immensely proud of our alumni. We are still constantly looking for ways to further improve these programs. For example, this year we have launched a pilot professional internship program designed to strengthen the practical skills of interested students. We plan to considerably expand the program next year, making our program more relevant to our students needs.
I hope you make the right career decision and come spend next year studying at the Hebrew University Law School in Jerusalem. At the very least, I can guarantee you an unforgettable experience.
Dean of the Faculty of Law